Yenisei cruise (Norilsk - Putorana Plateau - Dudinka - Yeniseysk - Krasnoyarsk )

 Day 1

Arrival in Norilsk, Alykel Airport. Meeting at the airport, group transfer to Norilsk. Departure for Talnakh, check-in at the Talnakh Hotel (DBL). Lunch. Norilsk attractions guided tour. Norilsk was named for its location area. In particular, the city is located by the Norilsk mountains and close to the Norilskaya (Norilka) River that belongs to the Pyasina River basin. The travellers Khariton Laptev, A. F. Middendorf and F. B. Schmidt mentioned the Norilskaya River and the Norilsk mountains in their records, while the Norilka River naming has a number of origin interpretations. One of the versions says that the name derives from 'norilo' (i.e., a long thin pole to stretch trap net string under the ice from one hole to another). According to another version, the name of the river and the city may come from Evenki or Yukaghir words 'narus' or 'nioril', respectively, both meaning 'swamps'. Nowadays, Norilsk is an industrial city with a storied history and Norilsk Nikel being its principal employer and mainstay. Return to the hotel. Dinner.

Day 2

Breakfast. Leaving the things that you do not want to take on the trip in the hotel luggage room. Transfer to the Norilka River quay and embarkation on a speedboat. Trip to the Lake Lama on the Putorana Plateau (it will take 5 hours). Lunch (lunchbox) on the speedboat. Established in 1988, the Putoransky State Nature Reserve (1,887,251 ha) was declared to be a World Heritage Site. It is located on the border of Taymyr and the Evenk Autonomous Districts of the Krasnoyarsk Territory. The Reserve is situated in the central (the most elevated) part of the vast and nearly virgin Putorana Plateau. The lower peripheral regions of the plateau adjacent to the Reserve in the west, north and east were qualified as its buffer zone. This ''half-ring'' coincides with the buffer zone of the World Heritage Site. The Putorana Plateau is a distinctive scenic natural system with the greatest number of waterfalls and mountain lakes (including extremely exotic ones; e.g., narrow, extended and deep ''fjord lakes'') even in terms of international scale. Also, it encloses a whole complex of high flat-topped mountain formations divided by deep broad lofty canyons. The Lake Lama also known as the Northern Switzerland, Taymyr Baikal and Polar Ritsa. Perhaps, this is the most beautiful and famous lake in Taymyr. Its name is on a par with other Northern hydronyms. The lake with tectonic basin is located in a deep mountain cavity. Scientists estimate the lake's age to be around 100 million years old. The name of the lake comes from Manchu-Tungus 'laamu' – sea, ocean, and Evenki 'lamu' – sea, big reservoir. Moreover, the Evenks living much farther to the south used the same name (i.e., Lama) for the Lake Baikal. Arrival in a tourist camp. Check-in (DBL, QDPL). Dinner. A walk in the Reserve buffer zone.

Day 3.

Breakfast. Walking tour through the Putoransky Reserve buffer zone. A walk to the Southern Neralakh Waterfall. Insight into the local flora and fauna and a photo shoot. Lunch. Waterfalls tour to the Vitaminka River. Dinner.

Day 4.

Breakfast. A walking tour through the Putoransky Reserve buffer zone to the Lake Lama viewpoint.  Lunch. Speedboat trip to Norilsk. Check-in at the Talnakh hotel (DBL). Dinner. Excursion to Talnakh Town viewpoint. 

Day 5.

Early breakfast (lunchbox). Check-out. Departure for Dudinka. Excursion in the Taymyr Local Lore Museum. Dudinka attractions guided tour. This is the coldest (rarely but still the place reports register the temperature drops down to -57°C) and the most northern (69°21' N) city on the planet. It is located on the right coast of Yenisei at the confluence of the Yenisei and Dudinka Rivers. The latter is thought to be called in tribute to Dudin, the first Russian miner, who made his home here, just above the river estuary, in the first half of the 17th century. Then, the city was named after this river. Another point of view is that the name of the city derived from Russian transcription of the Evenki word 'dugin' (anabranch, branch island, anabranch estuary) and 'dugu' (river point). 'Duginma' is an accusative case of the word 'dugin'. Finally, the third point of view is that the name derived from Russian transcription of Enets-Somat word 'kaduga' (blizzardy site). That was how these peoples wandering near the contemporary Dudinka and adjacent areas called the place on the high right bank of the Yenisei where Dudinka is located now. F. Nansen writes, ''A hill covered by rare shunted wood dominates Dudinka. It was the first upland we have seen while travelling up the Yenisei...''. (He sailed from Dickson in the ice-free months of 1913 - L. N.).

Embarkation on the voyage motor ship (V. Chkalov or A. Matrosov). First-class cabins for one or two persons (1-2 soft sofa(s), a wardrobe, a wash basin). Departure from Dudinka river port at 12:00. Lunch. A tour around the motor ship. Background information on travel route of the motor ship.  Dinner.

A nightstand in Igarka. The city is situated on the bank of the Yenisei’s Igarka anabranch 1330 km north of Krasnoyarsk as a crow flies (1800 km along the Yenisei). It is inside the Arctic circle in a permafrost belt. The city was called after the anabranch running close to it. In turn, the latter was named in honour of Egor Shiryaev, a local fisherman, whose name was transformed from 'Egorka' to 'Igarka' by local people. Nowadays, this is a port accessible for marine vessels from the Yenisei Bay.

Day 6.

Morning cross of the Arctic Circle along the Kureika River.

Breakfast. Time off. Lunch. Activities in a reading saloon. Dinner. A stand in Turukhansk located where the Lower Tunguska meets the Yenisei, 1474 km north of Krasnoyarsk. Population - 4.8 thousand people. It was founded as a wintering place in 1607. In 1619 the area became inhabited by relocatees from Mangazeya City destroyed by fire. Former Turukhansk became Staroturukhansk Town, and previously called Novoturukhansk became the modern Turukhansk (i.e., the administrative centre of the district). In the 19-20th centuries it was a place of exile where I. V. Stalin stayed in 1914-1916. The Trinity Church (late 18th - early 19th century) is a town point of interest. Turukhansk is also known for its fish factory, oil and gas exploratory expedition, river port, airport, and Ya. M. Sverdlov and S. S. Spandaryan Revolutionaries Museum. You will explore the Lower Tunguska (i.e., the right tributary of the Yenisei). This name was mentioned by some Russian travellers as early as in the 17th century. 'Tunguska' means that Tungusic peoples (now - Evenks) lived along it, and the word 'lower' distinguishes this river from two other Tunguska rivers.

Day 7.

Breakfast. Time off. Lunch. Verkhneimbatsk Village. Dinner. A stand on the float near Bakhta Town named after the Bakhta River (i. e., the right tributary of the Yenisei). A nightstand in Bor Town where we will pass the Stony Tunguska River (another tributary, the third among the largest ones). This river has multiple rapids and is famous for its unique wild beauty. The river length is 1865 km. They call it 'stony' because it beats its way to the Yenisei through stony mountains many hundred kilometres long. In 40 km the Osinovo rapids begins. It is a legendary narrow, meandering and barely passable canyon 700 m long. Since two steamboats cannot pass the place clear of each other, there is a one-way traffic.

Day 8.

Passing through the Osinovo System. Close by the motor ship, in mere 30 meters, you will see Monastyrsky Island a shrine of an ample of legends and mysteries. Then, rocky Korablik and Barochka Islands will unexpectedly appear from the haze and the rapid and mighty Yenisei will Osinovo Cheeks - the most scenic area in the lower river course. High granitic banks form a 50 m tall corridor. Breakfast. A stand in Vorogovo Village. More than 350 years ago it was founded in the course of the Siberia exploration by Cossacks in the 17th century. The population (about 2,000 people) include various peoples such as Russian, German, Ukrainian, Belorussian and Keto. When the motor ship arrives, the locals will arrange a little market with varied goods and souvenirs made by local craftspeople right on the quay. Lunch. A stand in Yartsevo Village. It is located near the middle course of the Yenisei between two large left tributaries (the Kas and the Sym Rivers). Similarly, a local market will be in place upon the motor ship arrival. Dinner.

Day 9.

Breakfast. Arrival in Yeniseysk. Check-in at the Yeniseyskaya Hotel (DBL, TRPL). The hotel with inimitable architecture of the 18th century and old-fashioned interior is situated in the centre of the city. Common use rooms (wash basins with cold and hot water, modern shower units) are on each floor. The hotel suites are equipped with hand-made pine furniture (beds, bedside tables, wardrobes). The halls are covered with carpets. To find the dining room go to the ground floor. Lunch. Excursion in the Yeniseysk Local Lore Museum. Yeniseysk attractions guided tour. The city is located on the Yenisei Plain, on the left Yenisei bank below the mouth of the Angara River, 330 km north of Krasnoyarsk. Yeniseysk is called an open-air museum, the urban area includes 94 listed buildings. The Monastery of the Transfiguration of the Saviour and 4 churches are unique examples of the Siberian Baroque. Although they were built in the middle and the second half of the 18th century, their design and spatial structure, as well as picturesque setting are similar to Russian churches of prior century. Mainly, stone civic buildings of Yeniseysk represent two-story houses along the main street, on the embankment and central square. Dinner at the hotel.

Day 10.

Breakfast. A private Plane Museum tour. A unique collection of planes reported in the Guinness Book of Records. A bus trip to Strelka where the Angara meets the Yenisei. There are a number of wonderful legends about a beauty named Angara, an only daughter of the old Baikal, and Yenisei - a mighty handsome man. Neither furious rapids, nor rocks in the runaway girl's path could stop this wilful daughter on her way to Yenisei. Lunch - nature picnic.  A bus trip to Krasnoyarsk. Check-in at Krasnoyarsk Hotel (DBL). Dinner at the hotel.

Day 11.

Breakfast. Krasnoyarsk attractions guided tour. Excursion in Saint Nicholas Steamboat Museum. This is a museum ship lying at eternal anchorage in Krasnoyarsk. Lunch. A tour through Krasnoyarsk Hydroelectric Power Station, King Fish Viewpoint over the Yenisei River and Divnogorsk embankment. Ovsyanka Village tour. A visit to V. P. Astafiev memorial complex. Return to the hotel. Dinner.

Day 12.

Breakfast. Stolby Reserve tour. The right tributaries of the Yenisei River (in the north-east – the Bazaikha River, in the south and south-west – the Mana and the Bolshaya Sliznyovka Rivers) are the terrain lines of the protected area. The area borders in the north-east on Krasnoyarsk. In 1925, initiated by the city dwellers, the Reserve was established to guard natural complexes around scenic syenitic rock pillars (in Russian -  'stolby'). Nowadays, its area is 47,219 ha. The rocks are the main point of interest in the Reserve. Though all the rocks have a common name of Stolby, each of the individual rocks (even some of the stones) has a unique name. The Reserve embraces the part of Stolby – the rocks available for tourists, and the part of Wild Stolby – the rocks with limited access at the back of the Reserve. Return to the hotel. Lunch at the Krasnoyarsk Hotel. Time off. Dinner.

Day 13.

Breakfast. Check-out.

COST OF THE TRIP PER PERSON: 107,300 RUB:

с 29.06.2020 г. по 11.07.2020 г.   

с 13.07.2020 г. по 25.07.2020 г.   

с 24.08.2020 г. по 05.09.2020 г.   

 

COST OF THE TRIP PER PERSON: 112,400 RUB:

с 29.08.2020 г. по 11.09.2020 г  

 

The cost includes: transfers as per the programme, 3-time meals, single/double-occupancy accommodation in the first-class cabins on the motor ship, double or triple-occupancy accommodation at the hotels, excursion program, museum entrance tickets.

Single supplement: The Talnakh Hotel (2 nights) – 5,000 RUB/person, Krasnoyarsk (3 nights) – 3,500 RUB/person. 

Room and bath supplement (Yeniseysk, 1 night) – 2,000 RUB/person. 

Surcharge for entrance into Arctic regions for foreign citizens (price per person): 3,000 RUB

Optional transfer from the Krasnoyarsk Hotel to Krasnoyarsk Airport or the railway station (extra cost).In case of weather conditions threatening life and health of tourists, the excursion program will be changed!!!